5 Ways To Protect Your Packages During The Holidays
It’s the most wonderful time of the year. Family, friends, laughter and thoughtful gifts from the people you love will be in the midst of many of our lives over the next few weeks. There is nothing like ordering the perfect gift for yourself or someone you care about only to have it stolen from your front porch.
Once a retailer sends a package and the mail carrier marks the package as delivered, in most cases the retailer is not liable if the customer reports the package lost or stolen.
We’ve rounded up 5 ways you can protect your packages during the holiday’s.
1. Get insurance. We offer insurance on every order for as low as $.98. Our partner Route Insurance will replace or refund your order in the event it's lost or stolen. There is a super simple process that will not leave you stressed out after sitting on the phone for hours or searching for answers to solve your missing order dilemma.
2. Same Day Hand Delivery. Latched and Hooked Beauty offers our Atlanta customers same day delivery for only $30. No more stalking your tracking information or being confused by a delivered notice only to find out it was never delivered. It’s a convenient service that not only allows you to receive your package same day if ordered by 11am EST, but it’s delivered to you, with a smile, to your home, work or wherever is convenient to you as long as it’s in our service area. Check out more details about our same day service.
3. Download tracking app. Most mail carriers have tracking systems that will give you update information on where your package is in the delivery route and even then expect time delivery. If the package is important and you have the flexibility, beat your package to your house so you will be there once it’s delivered. If you can’t personally do it, now would be an awesome time to get o know your neighbors and if you’re comfortable ask if they wouldn’t mind checking if your package is outside your order and retrieving it until you return home.
4. Signature Confirmation. Paying for a signature confirmation is a small way to ensure peace of mind. A signature confirmation could cost as little as $2.50 and require the mail carrier to receive a signature before releasing the package. If you aren’t home the package is held for either redelivery or pickup. If you don’t see an option for signature confirmation at checkout, contact customer support to request it.
5. Leave a note. If you or your neighborhood has experienced package theft and you are afraid that a package may be taken from your porch/mailbox. Leave a note for your mail carrier detailing instructions on what to do with your package. Preferably ask them to hold the package for later pick-up or leave with a neighbor (be sure to talk with your neighbor in advance).