Get Rid of Dry Scalp Once and For All
As someone who's suffered from dry scalp, you probably are looking for any help you can get to correct it. The good news is that with a few adjustments, you can actually get rid of dry scalp once and for all. By making some simple changes, you'll receive the relief you’ve been seeking.
Practicing these habits will get you started on the road to recovery:
Moisturize regularly. Adding moisture to your hair from external sources helps! It's a good way to replace the scalp's lost moisture.
- There are lots of oil-based products that allow the moisture to last. However, not everybody is a fan of that oily feel.
- Leave-in conditioners are available to help maintain moisture overall. Just be careful that the one you use doesn’t leave unsightly flaky residue. You could easily mistake that for scalp flakes. It helps when you moisturize right before going outdoors. Excess exposure to the elements can increase dryness.
Use specialized products. If you seem to always suffer from dry scalp, seek special treatment. There are specialized products on the market that help to combat this condition.
- If your hair is unprocessed, stick to shampoos and conditioners for natural hair. The products for processed hair tend to be a little harsher.
Vitamin-enriched products help to give your scalp the nutrition that your diet doesn’t.
- Check in with your dermatologist to determine what's best for you. Your body could very well be rejecting a specific chemical found in hair treatments.
- Avoid scratching your scalp if it starts to itch. Scratching usually causes irritation and subsequent flaking. Instead massage with your fingertips or the soft silicone heads on our Scalp Soothie.
- When you wash, try not to heat style. The heat from dryers and flat irons tends to dry out the scalp.
- If you break a good sweat when you workout, you're a prime candidate for regular washes. Sweat is definitely not the moisture your hair needs!
- About 80% of the body is made up of water. So it's absolutely important to keep it hydrated. All bodily functions work at their prime when you're hydrated.
- Try to drink the recommended 64-80 ounces of water each day. If you break it up, it may not seem as daunting.
- Get some nutrition into your hydration regimen by having fruit. Water-based fruit like watermelon gives you added nutrients.
- Maintain consciousness about the stressors around you. Recognize them and develop a plan to limit their impact on you.
- Make enough time for relaxation and meditation. Did you know our Scalp Soothie is a 3-in-1 tool that you can use all over your body for a spa-like experience. This helps to restore balance and provides stronger mental resources to handle tough situations.
You can probably do more about your dry scalp than you think. Take these steps to start heading in the right direction. Control the factors that could be contributing to your unwanted dry scalp. With a little luck, you'll be free of those flakes before you know it!